- The second annual Calgary Ringette School, sponsored by the Calgary Booster Club was held August 5 – 9, 1980 at Norma Bush Arena. It was organized by Frances Willis and instructors included: Andy Jones, Claire Lukey, Gerry Zuk, Marlayne Boutin, and Leanne Henderson.
- On October 25, 1980 a referee clinic was held at West Hillhurst.
- On November 5, 1980 a coaches level 1 clinic was held at West Hillhurst.
- Approximately 400 girls were registered in Calgary Ringette (28 teams)
Teams and Coaches
|Lake Bonavista||Bob Skippen|
|West Hillhurst||Linda Culshaw|
|West Hillhurst||Stan MacCluskey|
|Willowridge 2||Lynn Shepard|
|Lake Bonavista||Shawn Curran|
|Thorncliffe||Ari Van Os|
|Lake Bonavista||John Heise|
|West Hillhurst||Nick Holdaway|
|Ringette Alberta Rep||Al Munro|
|Referee In Chief||Pat House|
|Public Relations||Jonnie Kokonis
|Tournament Coordinator||Orville Anderson|
Calgary Creates it's first "Rep" teams ...
- At the Junior Level, this team was "double-carded", meaning its' players were a combination of players who participated all season on a houseleague ("B") level team. They got together once a week, if possible, and practised as a "rep" team.
- At the Belle level, there were no houseleague teams to draw from, so this team was formed basically from anyone who was Belle age, and interested in playing on a rep team.
- These teams were referred to as "A" teams - there was no such thing as "AA"
Calgary's First Belle Rep Team
Calgary's first Belle Rep Team experienced a short, but far from unsuccessful season. In January of 1981 these eleven girls got together, with the help of John Morcom and Don Henderson, and travelled to Lacombe to play two games. Considering these girls were introduced to each other in the dressing room, they made a good showing.
They participated in the Leduc tournament, and lost the final by only one goal in the Spruce Grove Tournament.
They also travelled to the Provincials, held in Lacombe, and although they lost out, it was an excellent experience as most of the girls had never been involved in Provincial Playdowns.
Their final venture of the year was to the "Sherwood Park Select A Tournament", where they played top teams from across Western Canada.
Calgary's First Junior Belle Rep Team
Calgary's first Junior Belle Rep Team, sponsored by Kensington Dairy Queen (Mr. Jack Campbell), experienced a very competitive and successful year. They travelled to Port Coquitlam and mad an excellent showing. In their first game they suffered a close 5-4 loss to Port Coquitlam in overtime, then lost to Aldergrove. They then came back to beat Langley 8-7. After an exciting 8-7 loss to Langley in the final they returned to Calgary proud of their ventures.
They also participated in the Provincial Playdowns held in Lacombe and represented Calgary well there